ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
Since 1900, the school is housed in a former English-
Benedictine convent, built in 1674-1677.
The organ is built by Mutin in 1902 and placed in the old
chapel of the convent, which was transformed into a
During 1960-1967, the Beuchet company carried out major
the Barker machine was replaced by electrical traction
GO: transformation of the Flûte octaviante 4 into a
Flûte douce 4; the Trompette was replaced by a
Récit: transformation of the Flûte traversière into a
Flûte douce 8 and the Flûte octaviante 4 into a Flûte
Positif: Salicional 8 replaced by a Principal 4;
Clarinette and Cromorne were reharmonised
Pedal: Bombarde 16 was replaced by the Trompette 8
from the GO
In 1987, Barbéris added a Plein jeu IV on the GO and the
Flûte douce 4 of the Récit was transformed again into a
In 1997, works were done by Dargassies.
Famous teachers in the past: Alexandre Guilmant, Vincent
d'Indy, Maurice and Marie-Madeleine Durufle, Jean-Jacques
Grunenwald, Louis Vierne, Jean Langlais.
Famous students: Maurice Duruflé, Jean-Jacques Grunenwald,
Jean Langlais, Daniel Lesur, Olivier Messiaen, Déodat de
Séverac, Louis Vierne…