The organs of Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt                  HOME                                   S-Z           

Saint-Ignace    

33 rue de Sèvres, 75006 Paris

1891 - Cavaillé-Coll

1924 - Mutin

1977 - Haerpfer-Ermann

1998/2012 - Koenig & Emeriau

2018 -

III/43 -

mechanical traction (claviers),

electrical traction (jeux) - stoplist

Photo: Jeroen de Haan
Saint Ignace was built by the Jesuits in 1855 in a neo- gothic style (St. Ignatius of Loyola is the founder of the order of the Jesuits). It has no apparent facade which can be seen from the street. The pastoral and liturgical services are provided by the Jesuits. Next to the chapel is their Centre Sèvres, which houses the Faculty of philosophy and theology of the Jesuits in France. Organiste titulaire  Pierre Queval, Pascal Marsault, Simon Cnockaert, Philippe Charru Concerts  Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6PM, Sunday 9.30AM, 11AM Videos Pierre Queval
The organ case is built by Loret (1862, great organ) and Haerpfer-Ermann (1977, positif). The organ of Loret was entirely renewed by Cavaillé- Coll in 1891 (31 stops). Maintenance was done by Mutin in 1924, without making changes to the instrument. In 1947, the salicional and the cornet were replaced by a nasard and a tierce. The salicional bass pipes in façade became silent, but were left in place. In 1977, Haerpfer-Ermann conducted a full restoration and added a Positif of eleven stops. In 1998 maintenance works were carried out by Koenig in association with Philippe Emeriau. The organ was completely disassembled and cleaned, the worn parts replaced. Mechanics were reviewed. The keyboard, the salicional, the cornet and the Cavaillé-Coll parts of the organ were restored. On the positive, the Clairon was replaced by a Cromorne. In 2012, the same builders carried out new maintenance works, including the installation of a computer.
The organs of Paris

Saint-Ignace    

33 rue de Sèvres, 75006 Paris

1891 - Cavaillé-Coll

1924 - Mutin

1977 - Haerpfer-Ermann

1998/2012 - Koenig & Emeriau

2018 -

III/43 -

mechanical traction (claviers),

electrical traction (jeux) - stoplist

Photo: Jeroen de Haan
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     HOME       S-Z
Saint Ignace was built by the Jesuits in 1855 in a neo-gothic style (St. Ignatius of Loyola is the founder of the order of the Jesuits). It has no apparent facade which can be seen from the street. The pastoral and liturgical services are provided by the Jesuits. Next to the chapel is their Centre Sèvres, which houses the Faculty of philosophy and theology of the Jesuits in France. The organ case is built by Loret (1862, great organ) and Haerpfer-Ermann (1977, positif). The organ of Loret was entirely renewed by Cavaillé-Coll in 1891 (31 stops). Maintenance was done by Mutin in 1924, without making changes to the instrument. In 1947, the salicional and the cornet were replaced by a nasard and a tierce. The salicional bass pipes in façade became silent, but were left in place. In 1977, Haerpfer-Ermann conducted a full restoration and added a Positif of eleven stops. In 1998 maintenance works were carried out by Koenig in association with Philippe Emeriau. The organ was completely disassembled and cleaned, the worn parts replaced. Mechanics were reviewed. The keyboard, the salicional, the cornet and the Cavaillé- Coll parts of the organ were restored. On the positive, the Clairon was replaced by a Cromorne. In 2012, the same builders carried out new maintenance works, including the installation of a computer. Organiste titulaire  Pierre Queval, Pascal Marsault, Simon Cnockaert, Philippe Charru Concerts  Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6PM, Sunday 9.30AM, 11AM Videos Pierre Queval