The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z

Saint Jacques

Saint Christophe

de la Villette

6, place Bitche, 75019 Paris

1860 - Suret

1900 - Mutin

1942 - Michel-Merklin-Kuhn

1983 - Gonzalez

1998/02 - Dargassies

III/53 (35) - transmissions électriques - composition

Organiste titulaire Guy Didier Concerts Seldom

Masses with organ

Saturday 6:30 PM; Sunday 10:30 AM Video -
This church was built in a neo-classical style in 1841- 1844 by the architect Paul-Eugène Lequeux (1806- 1873). The choir was enlarged in 1930-1933 by the architect Dubos.
Tuba Mirabilis on the left; photo Guy Didier
Console (photo Guy Didier) Buffet (photo Jeroen de Haan)
The organ was built by Suret around 1860, having two keyboards and pedal (25 stops). Rebuilt by Mutin-Cavaillé-Coll at the very beginning of the 20th century, Michel-Merklin and Kuhn electrified the transmission of notes in 1942 and applied the pneumatic system to that of the stops; in addition, the Récit was removed and placed on one side of the Great Organ (to the right when looking at the organ). A Positive keyboard was provided for at the console but was not installed due to lack of credits, as was a Flute 16. In 1983, Gonzalez replaced with electric motors. In 1998-2002, a restoration and enlargement was carried out by Dargassies: The replacement of the two heavily damaged wind chests of the Swell with a single new one The addition of a Plein jeu and a Voix Humaine on the Swell The installation of the 3rd keyboard 'solo' (in place of the Positive, planned by Merklin and Kuhn, but not realized) with in particular a brilliant Tuba Mirabilis 16, 8 and 4 (horizontal sound diffusion) and a Grand Cornet V The refurbishing and restoration of the existing wind chests and organ cases (Great Organ and Positif) and the creating of one for the Solo Replacement of the electrical transmissions with a Solid State device Renewal of the wiring The addition of a digital Flute 16, Contra- Bombarde 32 and Soubasse 32 More information Brochure on the organ
The organs of Paris

Saint Jacques

Saint Christophe

de la Villette

6, place Bitche, 75019 Paris

1860 - Suret

1900 - Mutin

1942 - Michel-Merklin-Kuhn

1983 - Gonzalez

1998/02 - Dargassies

III/53 (35) - transmissions électriques -

composition

ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
Tuba Mirabilis on the left; photo Guy Didier
The organ was built by Suret around 1860, having two keyboards and pedal (25 stops). Rebuilt by Mutin-Cavaillé-Coll at the very beginning of the 20th century, Michel-Merklin and Kuhn electrified the transmission of notes in 1942 and applied the pneumatic system to that of the stops; in addition, the Récit was removed and placed on one side of the Great Organ (to the right when looking at the organ). A Positive keyboard was provided for at the console but was not installed due to lack of credits, as was a Flute 16. In 1983, Gonzalez replaced with electric motors. In 1998-2002, a restoration and enlargement was carried out by Dargassies: The replacement of the two heavily damaged wind chests of the Swell with a single new one The addition of a Plein jeu and a Voix Humaine on the Swell The installation of the 3rd keyboard 'solo' (in place of the Positive, planned by Merklin and Kuhn, but not realized) with in particular a brilliant Tuba Mirabilis 16, 8 and 4 (horizontal sound diffusion) and a Grand Cornet V The refurbishing and restoration of the existing wind chests and organ cases (Great Organ and Positif) and the creating of one for the Solo Replacement of the electrical transmissions with a Solid State device Renewal of the wiring The addition of a digital Flute 16, Contra- Bombarde 32 and Soubasse 32 More information Brochure on the organ
Organiste titulaire Guy Didier Concerts Seldom

Masses with organ

Saturday 6:30 PM; Sunday 10:30 AM Video -