The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z

Saint Jean Baptiste

de Belleville

139, rue de Belleville, 75019 Paris Orgue de tribune

1861 - Cavaillé-Coll

1960 - Roethinger

1975/78 - Swiderski/Picaud

1988 - Cicchero

2003 - Dargassies

II/22 - electrical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1859 - Suret

II/13 - mechanical traction - stoplist

The Saint-Jean-Baptiste church in Belleville is one of the first churches of neo-Gothic architecture built in Paris. It was built between 1854 and 1859. The building consists of a nave of five spans with two collateral spans and eight side chapels, a transept, a choir with a span in the extension of the nave, an ambulatory giving access to seven chapels, two sacristies and two bell towers topped with arrows. Because it is his last construction site, the Church of St. John the Baptist in Belleville is the most accomplished work of Jean-Baptiste-Antoine Lassus (1807-1857), one of the first architects of the Gothic style in the mid-19th century in France. In Belleville, Lassus determined the structure, fixed the iconographic program and designed the church furniture; the sculpted decoration is the work of Aimé-Napoleon Perrey and the glass windows were created by Auguste de Martel, based on boxes by Louis Steinheil Source
Organiste titulaire Laurent Jochum Concerts Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6:30 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Videos Laurent Jochum
The great organ was built in 1861 by Aristide Cavaillé- Coll. In 1960, Edmond-Alexandre Roethinger restored the wind tunnel and placed a new console there. In 1975, Swiedersky began a series of unfinished works, aimed at re-harmonizing the entire instrument. In 1978, Jacques Picaud carried out work on behalf of Maison Beuchet-Debierre and some additions were made (laying a new Cymbal III in the Swell, complementing the scope of the Quintaton 16' of the GO). The instrument was maintained by Jean-Marc Cicchero in 1988 and 2003 by Dargassies. The Choir Organ was built by Antoine-Louis Suret in 1859. It was inaugurated at the same time as the building, on August 11, 1859. In the sixties, some stops have been incorporated into the composition of the great organ.
The organs of Paris

Saint Jean Baptiste

de Belleville

139, rue de Belleville, 75019 Paris Orgue de tribune

1861 - Cavaillé-Coll

1960 - Roethinger

1975/78 - Swiderski/Picaud

1988 - Cicchero

2003 - Dargassies

II/22 - electrical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1859 - Suret

II/13 - mechanical traction - stoplist

ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
Organiste titulaire Laurent Jochum Concerts Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6:30 p.m.; Sunday 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Videos Laurent Jochum
The great organ was built in 1861 by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll. In 1960, Edmond-Alexandre Roethinger restored the wind tunnel and placed a new console there. In 1975, Swiedersky began a series of unfinished works, aimed at re-harmonizing the entire instrument. In 1978, Jacques Picaud carried out work on behalf of Maison Beuchet-Debierre and some additions were made (laying a new Cymbal III in the Swell, complementing the scope of the Quintaton 16' of the GO). The instrument was maintained by Jean-Marc Cicchero in 1988 and 2003 by Dargassies. The Choir Organ was built by Antoine-Louis Suret in 1859. It was inaugurated at the same time as the building, on August 11, 1859. In the sixties, some stops have been incorporated into the composition of the great organ.