ORGANS OF PARIS © 2023 Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
Saint-Jean-Baptiste de la Salle was built in 1908-1910 by
Jacquemin and is one of the first built after the separation
of state and church. The church has an undefined style.
The organ was built in 1850 by un unknown builder. In
1870, Merklin added a ‘positif expressif’ and extended the
range of the wind chests of the manuals to 56 notes and
the pedal to 30 notes. It was installed in the new church in
1910 by Gutschenritter (Merklin’s successor: 'J. Merklin et
Cie, Paris'). maintenance works were done by Barbéris
(1981) and Dargassies (2002). Maintenance is now done by
Manufacture d’orgue Robert Frères (Nantes).
Masses with organ
Saturday 6.45p.m. and Sunday 10a.m., 11.15a.m.