The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z

Saint Jean Baptiste

de Grenelle 1 2

23, place Etienne-Pernet, 75015 Paris

1989 - Théo Haerpfer

1992 - Bernard Hurvy

2005 - Fossaert

II/26 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo of the organ: Jeroen de Haan
The Church of St. John the Baptist of Grenelle was built from 1824 to 1828 by Étienne-Hippolyte Godde, in the heart of the new village of Grenelle created by Jean-Baptiste Violet. The "first stone" was laid in 1827 by "Mademoiselle", granddaughter of King Charles X. Originally composed of a simple nave, the church quickly became too small. Two chapels were built nearby in 1872 and 1886. The church was enlarged from 1924 to 1926 to accommodate more worshippers, with aisles, a transept, a new choir, all raised to allow the construction of a chapel below, the present chapel Saint-Etienne. The architecture of the church is representative of the neo-classical style of that time.
Organiste titulaire Jean-Baptiste Pinault Concerts Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6:30 PM, Sunday 10, 11 AM and 6:30 PM Videos -
Upon the completion of the church, Suret placed an organ he had built and exhibited the same year at the World's Fair where he had been awarded. In 1901, Abbey added a Soubasse and increased the scope of the keyboards and the Pedal. In 1989, it was decided to entrust the creation of a new organ to Theo Haerpfer. The old organ was dismantled and is currently preserved in the storge of the City of Paris. The instrument was inaugurated at the end of 1989 by Gaston Litaize. In 1992 and 2005, additional works were done by Bernard Hurvy and Yves Fossaert. The Voce humana of the GO was replaced by a Quintaton 16' and the Dessus de flûte of the Positif was replaced by a Salicional 8'.
The organs of Paris

Saint Jean Baptiste

de Grenelle 1 2

23, place Etienne-Pernet, 75015 Paris

1989 - Théo Haerpfer

1992 - Bernard Hurvy

2005 - Fossaert

II/26 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo of the organ: Jeroen de Haan
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
Upon the completion of the church, Suret placed an organ he had built and exhibited the same year at the World's Fair where he had been awarded. In 1901, Abbey added a Soubasse and increased the scope of the keyboards and the Pedal. In 1989, it was decided to entrust the creation of a new organ to Theo Haerpfer. The old organ was dismantled and is currently preserved in the storge of the City of Paris. The instrument was inaugurated at the end of 1989 by Gaston Litaize. In 1992 and 2005, additional works were done by Bernard Hurvy and Yves Fossaert. The Voce humana of the GO was replaced by a Quintaton 16' and the Dessus de flûte of the Positif was replaced by a Salicional 8'.
Organiste titulaire Jean-Baptiste Pinault Concerts Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6:30 PM, Sunday 10, 11 AM and 6:30 PM Videos -