Saint Médard 1 - 2
141, rue Mouffetard, 75005 Paris
Orgue de tribune
1645/50 - Jean et François Valéran De
1767 - Clicquot
1778 - A Lepine
1829 - Dallery
1855 - Thibaut
1880 - Stolz
1934 - Gutschenritter
1978 - Masset-Gutschenritter
2001 - Dargassies
Photo: Jeroen de Haan
This church was rebuilt in the second half of the 15th century
in flamboyant gothic style at the place of a former church of
the 11 th century. It was modified several times until the 18th
century, and has thus a rather heterogenic appearance.
Situated at the end of the medieval and pittoresk Rue
Mouffetard, this church is one of the typical 'countryside'
churches of Paris (as is St. Germain de Charonne).
The beautiful organcase (made by Germain Pillon) dates to
1646, even anterior to the one in St-Étienne-du-Mont. The
gallery beneath was built only early in the 19th century. In
1767, organbuilder François-Henri Clicquot completely rebuilt
the old instrument in the old case, extending it with two
wings and reusing only the wooden pipework of the old
organ. And history repeated itself: In 1880 the work if
Clicquot was almost completely removed (with the exception
of six stops) by Edouard and Eugène Stoltz who rebuilt the
organ completely, emptying also the positif to place a new
console. Since than, only minor changes have been made.
Therefore, this organ can be considered as a relatively authentic
work of the Stoltz brothers.
Masses with organ
Saturday 6.30 PM Sunday 11 AM
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z