The organs of Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt                  HOME                                   S-Z           

Saint Nicolas

du Chardonnet

1 - 2      

23, rue des Bernardins, 75005 Paris Orgue de tribune

1725 - François Thierry

1766/1790 - F. H. Clicquot

1820 - Dallery

1897 - Merklin

1927 - Koenig

1936 - Gonzalez

1961 - Roethinger

1987 - Barbéris

2009 - Gaillard

III/47 - mechanical traction - stoplist

This church was built between 1656 and 1763. Its clocktower is a remainder of an older building (1625). Due to the construction of the Boulevard Saint- Germain, the main entrance was moved and the absis was remodelled. The principal (neo-classical) facade was finished in 1937, the facade Rue des Bernardins with a beautiful wooden door, dates to 1669. Since 1977, the church houses the members of the Society of St. Pius X. Organiste titulaire Marie-Agnès Grall-Menet (grand-orgue) Vincent Rigot (orgue de choeur) Famous organists in the past: Jean-Nicolas Geoffroy (1633–1694), Charles Tournemire. Concerts  Regularly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM Sunday 10.30, 12.15 AM, 6.30 PM Videos Marie-Agnès Grall-Menet (grand-orgue) Vincent Rigot (orgue de choeur)
Photo’s: Jeroen de Haan The organ of Saint Nicolas du Chardonnet came from the old parochial church of Saints-Innocents.It is built by François Thierry between 1723 and 1725 and was inaugurated by François Couperin. The transportation to Saint Nicolas du Chardonnet and subsequent restauration and extension was carried out by François- Henri Clicquot from 1787 to 1790.  In 1897, Merklin rebuilt the instrument and the old wooden tribune was replaced by a tribune of stone. The positif was repositioned above the GO as a récit. In 1927, restauration, extension and et ré-harmonisation was done by P-M. Koenig. In 1935, a new tribune was installed, the positif was moved to its former position and additional stops were added by Victor Gonzalez. A renovation was done in 1961 by Roethinger and Boisseau, including the electrification of the instrument. Jacques Barbéris performed maintenance-works in 1987, including the addition of a chamade. During 2007-2009 the organ was rebuilt by Michel Gaillard (from the firm Aubertin), adding a fourth manual, repositioning the organ-case (elevation of the GO) and console and redistributing stops over the manuals. The windchests of the pedal are still from Clicquot, as are some (reed) stops.
The organs of Paris

Saint Nicolas

du Chardonnet

1 - 2      

23, rue des Bernardins, 75005 Paris Orgue de tribune

1725 - François Thierry

1766/1790 - F. H. Clicquot

1820 - Dallery

1897 - Merklin

1927 - Koenig

1936 - Gonzalez

1961 - Roethinger

1987 - Barbéris

2009 - Gaillard

III/47 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo: Pierre Martau This church was built between 1656 and 1763. Its clocktower is a remainder of an older building (1625). Due to the construction of the Boulevard Saint-Germain, the main entrance was moved and the absis was remodelled. The principal (neo-classical) facade was finished in 1937, the facade Rue des Bernardins with a beautiful wooden door, dates to 1669. Since 1977, the church houses the members of the Society of St. Pius X. The organ of Saint Nicolas du Chardonnet came from the old parochial church of Saints-Innocents.It is built by François Thierry between 1723 and 1725 and was inaugurated by François Couperin. The transportation to Saint Nicolas du Chardonnet and subsequent restauration and extension was carried out by François-Henri Clicquot from 1787 to 1790. In 1897, Merklin rebuilt the instrument and the old wooden tribune was replaced by a tribune of stone. The positif was repositioned above the GO as a récit. In 1927, restauration, extension and et ré-harmonisation was done by P-M. Koenig. In 1935, a new tribune was installed, the positif was moved to its former position and additional stops were added by Victor Gonzalez. A renovation was done in 1961 by Roethinger and Boisseau, including the electrification of the instrument. Jacques Barbéris performed maintenance-works in 1987, including the addition of a chamade. During 2007-2009 the organ was rebuilt by Michel Gaillard (from the firm Aubertin), adding a fourth manual, repositioning the organ-case (elevation of the GO) and console and redistributing stops over the manuals. The windchests of the pedal are still from Clicquot, as are some (reed) stops. Organiste titulaire Marie-Agnès Grall-Menet (grand-orgue) Vincent Rigot (orgue de choeur) Famous organists in the past: Jean-Nicolas Geoffroy (1633–1694), Charles Tournemire. Concerts  Regularly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM, Sunday 10.30, 12.15 AM, 6.30 PM Videos Marie-Agnès Grall-Menet
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     HOME       S-Z