The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2021 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME ALL ORGANS

Sainte Odile

2, avenue Stéphane-Mailaumé, 75017 Paris

1950 - Rochesson (Beuchet-Debierre)

1995 - Birouste

II/25 (21) - electrical traction - stoplist

Photos: Vincent Hildebrandt
Organiste titulaire Bruno Guilois Famous organists in the past: Naji Hakim , Joachim Havard de la Montagne. Concerts seldom

Masses with organ

Saturday at 6pm, Sunday at 9.30am (extraordinary form), 11.15am and 7pm. Vidéos -
The church was built by Jacques Barge (1904-1979)from 1935 to 1946 at the initiative of Bishop Eugene-Edmond Loutil (1863-1959) to pay tribute to the patron saint of his native Alsace. With three domes reminiscent of the Cathedral of Périgueux and the famous Basilica of St. Sophia of Constantinople, Jacques Barge opted for a mix of Roman-Byzantine style and Art Deco elements. The building is made of reinforced concrete covered with Saverne sandstone and pink bricks. On the left of the nave, the three side chapels - very stripped down - are fortunately illuminated by the large glass roof of 300m2 of François Décorchemont (1880-1971). This canopy, divided into three bays, is regarded as one of the masterpieces of glass art in the 20th century. For a long time Sainte Odile was the Alsatian Catholic parish in Paris.
The organ was built by Beuchet-Debierre shortly after the Second World War. At the inauguration of the church in 1953, Jean Langlais played while many blind people flocked to the nave to pay tribute to their patron saint. The instrument was enlarged in 1995 by Daniel Birouste. He incorporated the organ of the Dujarric de la Rivière family mansion in Boulogne- Billancourt. The enlarged instrument - better in accordance with the size of the huge interior - turns out to be, in the end, a "neo-classical" organ particularly well suited to the interpretation of works composed during the twentieth century.
The organs of Paris

Sainte Odile

2, avenue Stéphane-Mailaumé, 75017 Paris

1950 - Rochesson (Beuchet-Debierre)

1995 - Birouste

II/25 (21) - electrical traction - stoplist

Photos: Vincent Hildebrandt
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
The organ was built by Beuchet-Debierre shortly after the Second World War. At the inauguration of the church in 1953, Jean Langlais played while many blind people flocked to the nave to pay tribute to their patron saint. The instrument was enlarged in 1995 by Daniel Birouste. He incorporated the organ of the Dujarric de la Rivière family mansion in Boulogne-Billancourt. The enlarged instrument - better in accordance with the size of the huge interior - turns out to be, in the end, a "neo-classical" organ particularly well suited to the interpretation of works composed during the twentieth century.
Organiste titulaire Bruno Guilois Famous organists in the past: Naji Hakim , Joachim Havard de la Montagne. Concerts seldom

Masses with organ

Saturday at 6pm, Sunday at 9.30am (extraordinary form), 11.15am and 7pm. Vidéos -