The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2020 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z

Saint Philippe

du Roule 1 - 2

154, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré ,75008 Paris Orgue de tribune

1779 - Clicquot

1799 - Somer

1809 - Dallery

1834 - Abbey

1861 - Merklin

1903 - Mutin

1922 - Abbey

1948 - Picaud

1991 - Renaud

III/40 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Saint-Philippe-du-Roule was built in 1774-1784 on the place of a former chapel. It was designed by Jean- Francois Chalgrin, with reference to ancient Roman basilicas. It was an example for many other churches (e.g. St-Pierre-du-Gross-Callou, Nrtre-Dame-de- Lorette,. Saint-Denis-du-Saint- Sacrement and Notre- Dame-de-Bonne-Nouvelle). The church was extended by an ambulatory and some chapels, designed by Hippolyte Godde (1843- 1847) et Baltard (1853).
Photo: Jacques Clément The first organ was the former organ of the Jacobins' church of St. Honoré street (worked on in 1779 by Francois-Henry Clicquot), transported to St-Philippe- du-Roule by Somer, inaugurated in 1799. It was completely rebuilt by Joseph Merklin in 1861. Charles Mutin built a new instrument in 1903. Only the case of the Positif was preserved, but no pipes dated from before the revolution survived. Abbey renovated the organ in 1922. Renaud restaurated the organ in 1991, adding two stops. 2019-2022: Partial removal and re-inslatallation of the Great Organ as part of roof restoration works.
Organiste titulaire Valérie Aujard-Catot Famous organist in the past: Henri Mulet Concerts Never

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM Sunday 9:30, 11 AM and 6:30 PM Videos -
The organs of Paris

Saint Philippe

du Roule 1 - 2

154, rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré ,75008 Paris Orgue de tribune

1779 - Clicquot

1799 - Somer

1809 - Dallery

1834 - Abbey

1861 - Merklin

1903 - Mutin

1922 - Abbey

1948 - Picaud

1991 - Renaud

III/40 - mechanical traction - stoplist

ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
Photo: Jacques Clément The first organ was the former organ of the Jacobins' church of St. Honoré street (worked on in 1779 by Francois-Henry Clicquot), transported to St-Philippe-du-Roule by Somer, inaugurated in 1799. It was completely rebuilt by Joseph Merklin in 1861. Charles Mutin built a new instrument in 1903. Only the case of the Positif was preserved, but no pipes dated from before the revolution survived. Abbey renovated the organ in 1922. Renaud restaurated the organ in 1991, adding two stops. 2019-2022: Partial removal and re-inslatallation of the Great Organ as part of roof restoration works.
Organiste titulaire Valérie Aujard-Catot Famous organist in the past: Henri Mulet Concerts Never

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM Sunday 9:30, 11 AM and 6:30 PM Videos -