The organs of Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt                  HOME                                   S-Z           

Saint Pierre

de Montmartre          

2, rue du Mont-Cenis, 75018 Paris

XVIIIème - ?? (buffet)

1868 - Cavaillé-Coll

19xx - Mutin

1960 - Picaud

1991 - Sebire & Glandaz

2019 - Laurent & Pierre-Adrien Plet

II/12 - mechanical traction - stoplist

This church is one of the oldest churches in Paris. Built on the site of a Roman temple and a 7th- century Merovingian church, it was consecrated in 1147. Four black marble columns (two against the west wall, one at the apse entrance and one in the north aisle) date to the original Merovingian church. TThe church is an example of the transitional period between Roman and early Gothic architecture. The choir has one of the earliest ribbed vaults in Paris (c.1147). The facade dates from the 17th century and the bronze doors from 1980, made by T. Gismondi. In the 1670s and early 1680s music played an important role in the religious services of the abbey. Marc-Antoine Charpentier wrote devotional music to be performed there. The abbey was destroyed completely during the revolution. The church was restored during 1899-1905. Organiste titulaire Michel Boédec Concerts  Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6 PM Sunday 9 and 11 AM Videos Michel Boédec
Photo: Jeroen de Haan The organ case comes from the old Notre-Dame-de-Lorette or St-Pierre-des-Arcis, and was made at the end of the 18th century. In 1868, Cavaillé-Coll built a new instrument into this old case. Mutin added a Soubasse (pneumatic traction) and modified the console at an unknown date. It was restored in 1960 by the Beuchet-company (Picaud), who changed the Plein jeu. Maintenance was performed in 1991 by Sebire & Glandaz. A new partial restoration was performed in 2018/2019 by Laurent et Pierre-Adrien Plet.A new partial restoration was performed in 2018/2019 by Laurent et Pierre-Adrien Plet. Site of the organ
The organs of Paris

Saint Pierre

de Montmartre          

2, rue du Mont-Cenis, 75018 Paris

XVIIIème - ?? (buffet)

1868 - Cavaillé-Coll

19xx - Mutin

1960 - Picaud

1991 - Sebire & Glandaz

2019 - Laurent & Pierre-Adrien Plet

II/12 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo: Jeroen de Haan This church is one of the oldest churches in Paris. Built on the site of a Roman temple and a 7th-century Merovingian church, it was consecrated in 1147. Four black marble columns (two against the west wall, one at the apse entrance and one in the north aisle) date to the original Merovingian church. TThe church is an example of the transitional period between Roman and early Gothic architecture. The choir has one of the earliest ribbed vaults in Paris (c.1147). The facade dates from the 17th century and the bronze doors from 1980, made by T. Gismondi. In the 1670s and early 1680s music played an important role in the religious services of the abbey. Marc- Antoine Charpentier wrote devotional music to be performed there. The abbey was destroyed completely during the revolution. The church was restored during 1899-1905. The organ case comes from the old Notre-Dame-de- Lorette or St-Pierre-des-Arcis, and was made at the end of the 18th century. In 1868, Cavaillé-Coll built a new instrument into this old case. Mutin added a Soubasse (pneumatic traction) and modified the console at an unknown date. It was restored in 1960 by the Beuchet-company (Picaud), who changed the Plein jeu. Maintenance was performed in 1991 by Sebire & Glandaz. A new partial restoration was performed in 2018/2019 by Laurent et Pierre-Adrien Plet. Organiste titulaire: Michel Boédec Concerts  Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6 PM Sunday 9 and 11 AM Videos Improvisations by Michel Boédec Site of the organ
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     HOME       S-Z