The organs of Paris
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © 2021 Vincent Hildebrandt HOME ALL ORGANS

Saint Pierre

de Montrouge

82, avenue du Général Leclerc, 75014 Paris Orgue de tribune

1868 - Barker

1892 - Merklin

1918/24/35 - Gutschenritter

1951 - Beuchet-Debierre

1961 - Picaud

1978 - Sebire

2015 - Alain Léon

III/43 - electrical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1868 - Stoltz

1900 - Mutin

1826 - Gutschenritter

1956 - Beuchet-Debierre

II/13 - electrical traction - stoplist

Photo orgue de choeur: Pierre Marteau
This Church was built in a Romano- byzanton style between 1863 and 1872, as part of the Haussmannian works, at the crossroads called the Quatre- Chemins, formed by the meeting of the avenues of Maine, Châtillon, Montrouge and the rue d’Orléans, by Joseph Auguste Émile Vaudremer, the architect in charge of the 14th arrondissement. It now occupies a triangular plot framed by avenue du Maine and avenue du Général- Leclerc, and its bell tower overlooks the central crossroads of the district, place Victor-et-Hélène-Basch. It is the noisiest church in Paris!
This organ was built by Charels Spackman Barker in 1868, just after the organ of Saint Augustin, and it was the second organ in Paris with electrical traction. It was severly damaged during the Commune and reconstructed in 1891/1892 by Merklin (1892), who replaced the electrical system with his own Schmoele-Mol electro- pneumaticalsystem. Gutschenritter worked on the organ in 1917, 1918 and 1924 (three stops added). In 1935, Gutschenritter added four more stops and revised the mechanics and wind supply of the organ. In 1950-1951, Beuchet-debierre renovated the organ in a more neo- baroque direction and installed an electrical traction again. During the decennia which followed, several modifications were carried out, including a reharmonisation and addition of three stops by Jacques Picaud. The latest maintenance was carried out by Alain Léon. The choir organ, located on either side of the entrance to the choir, was built by the Stoltz brothers in 1868. In 1900, it was transformed and enlarged by the Maison Cavaillé-Coll, which brought the instrument to 12 stops. Overhauled in 1917 by Gutschenritter who added a Nazard to the Swell, it was electrified by Beuchet-Debierre in 1961. The latter also put up a new console.

Organiste titulaire

Pierre Bragieu Famous organists in the past: Henri Mulet, Jean Langlais, Jean-Jacques Grunenwald

Concerts

Never

Masses with organ

Saturday 6h30p.m., Sunday 11ha.m. Videos Jacques Person (former titulaire)
The organs of Paris

Saint Pierre

de Montrouge

82, avenue du Général Leclerc, 75014 Paris Orgue de tribune

1868 - Barker

1892 - Merklin

1918/24/35 - Gutschenritter

1951 - Beuchet-Debierre

1961 - Picaud

1978 - Sebire

2015 - Alain Léon

III/43 - electrical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1868 - Stoltz

1900 - Mutin

1826 - Gutschenritter

1956 - Beuchet-Debierre

II/13 - electrical traction - stoplist

Photo orgue de choeur: Pierre Marteau
ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS

Organiste titulaire

Pierre Bragieu Famous organists in the past: Henri Mulet, Jean Langlais, Jean-Jacques Grunenwald

Concerts

Never

Masses with organ

Saturday 6h30p.m., Sunday 11ha.m. Videos Jacques Person (former titulaire)
This organ was built by Charels Spackman Barker in 1868, just after the organ of Saint Augustin, and it was the second organ in Paris with electrical traction. It was severly damaged during the Commune and reconstructed in 1891/1892 by Merklin (1892), who replaced the electrical system with his own Schmoele-Mol electro- pneumaticalsystem. Gutschenritter worked on the organ in 1917, 1918 and 1924 (three stops added). In 1935, Gutschenritter added four more stops and revised the mechanics and wind supply of the organ. In 1950-1951, Beuchet-debierre renovated the organ in a more neo- baroque direction and installed an electrical traction again. During the decennia which followed, several modifications were carried out, including a reharmonisation and addition of three stops by Jacques Picaud. The latest maintenance was carried out by Alain Léon. The choir organ, located on either side of the entrance to the choir, was built by the Stoltz brothers in 1868. In 1900, it was transformed and enlarged by the Maison Cavaillé-Coll, which brought the instrument to 12 stops. Overhauled in 1917 by Gutschenritter who added a Nazard to the Swell, it was electrified by Beuchet-Debierre in 1961. The latter also put up a new console.