ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
A chapel built on the site of the present church
was inaugurated in 1738. The first parish church
was started in 1780 and was sold to be demolished
during the revolution. The present church is built
by Mr. Godde and was consecrated on May 1,
1830. During the second empire, the
neighborhood underwent a great development
and many changes. The first transformation of the
Church dates from 1870 (construction of the new
room of Catechisms now extinct), the second from
1881 (Chapelle Notre-Dame de Bonne Espérance).
The exhibition of 1900 gave a new impetus to the
district, many subscriptions were collected for the
enlargement of the Church in 1913 (addition of an
aisle and an apse). From 1967 to 1973, the church
was extended by a big chapel and parish premises.
In 1993 the Bell Tower was rebuilt and enlarged to
house a carillon of four bells.
The organ of neo-classical aesthetics was built by
Danion-Gonzalez in 1976, using parts of the ancient
organ built by Convers (1925) and restored by Victor
Gonzalez (1933, 1955).
A restoration was carried out by Bernard Dargassies
in 2000, which included a reharmonisation of certain
stops, increase of the size of pipes, shift of mixtures
to the bass, installation of a reeds battery 16, 8, 4 of
Suret on the GO and installation of a electro-
pneumatic traction and a computer.