The organs of Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt                  HOME                                   S-Z           

Saint Thomas d'Aquin           

Place Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin, 75007 Paris

1769 - Clicquot

1802/46 - Dallery

1861 - Cavaillé-Coll

1912 - Gutschenritter

1971 - Schwenkedel

1992 - Hédelin

1997 - Muhleisen

IV/49 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin was built in 1683 as a Dominicanical Chapel named Saint Dominique. It became a parochial church in 1791 as Saint-Thomas- d'Aquin. Its style is classical, inspired by Italian baroque, as are Saint Joseph des Carmes, Notre Dame des Victoires et Saint Roch. The façade dates to 1766.

Organiste titulaire

Jean-Marc Leblanc, Vincent Genvrin Famous organists in the past: Alexis Chauvet

Concerts

Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM, Sunday 9.30, 11.00 AM, 6.30 PM Vidéo not available
Photo: Jeroen de Haan The organcase was made by François-Charles Butteaux in 1769 and the instrument by François-Henri Clicquot. In 1795 it was moved to the Panthéon. Seven years later it returned again to Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin, reinstalled by Pierre-Francois Dallery. In 1861, Cavaillé-Coll rebuilt the organ, removing the positif and almost all stops of Clicquot (only the Grand Cornet, Cromorne and (?) the Solo-Nazard survived). In 1971 Kurt Schwenkedel completed a reconstruction of the old instrument in a French-German neo-classical style, with restitution of the positif. From Cavaillé-Coll, only the voix humaine survived. In 1994-97, maintenance-works were carried out by Mülheisen. This organ is an example of an organ in neo-classical style, favouring in particular Nordic baroque music.
The organs of Paris

Saint Thomas

d'Aquin           

Place Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin, 75007 Paris

1769 - Clicquot

1802/46 - Dallery

1861 - Cavaillé-Coll

1912 - Gutschenritter

1971 - Schwenkedel

1992 - Hédelin

1997 - Muhleisen

IV/49 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo: Jeropen de Haan Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin was built in 1683 as a Dominicanical Chapel named Saint Dominique. It became a parochial church in 1791 as Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin. Its style is classical, inspired by Italian baroque, as are Saint Joseph des Carmes, Notre Dame des Victoires et Saint Roch. The façade dates to 1766. The organcase was made by François-Charles Butteaux in 1769 and the instrument by François-Henri Clicquot. In 1795 it was moved to the Panthéon. Seven years later it returned again to Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin, reinstalled by Pierre-Francois Dallery. In 1861, Cavaillé-Coll rebuilt the organ, removing the positif and almost all stops of Clicquot (only the Grand Cornet, Cromorne and (?) the Solo-Nazard were kept). In 1971 Kurt Schwenkedel completed a reconstruction of the old instrument in a German neo- classical style, with restitution of the positif. From Cavaillé- Coll, only the voix humaine survived. In 1994-97, maintenance-works were carried out by Mülheisen. This organ is an example of an organ in neo-classical style, favouring in particular Nordic baroque music.

Organiste titulaire

Jean-Marc Leblanc & Vincent Genvrin Famous organists in the past: Alexis Chauvet

Concerts

Seldomly

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM, Sunday 9.30, 11.00 AM, 6.30 PM Vidéo not available
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     HOME       S-Z