ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt ALL ORGANS
In Paris, the Montmartre district had plaster quarries,
which were widely used in the 19th century. Around
1860, with the increase in population, the need for a
new place of worship was felt. But the city council
rejected the idea of a new church. In 1891, the
archdiocese expanded the former Chapel of Works,
located within a hospital and served by the
The chapel was erected as a parish church in 1907
under the name of St. Genevieve. In 1908, it was
The shrine is built of grindstone and cement. The
interior is beautifully decorated with arched arches in
the middle of a beautiful whiteness, typical of the
religious art of the early 20th century.
Masses with organ
Saturday at 6:30 p.m., Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
The instrument, originally built for the Berlioz Theatre
in Clichy, was designed by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll in
In 1909, it was transferred to St. Genevieve's Church,
and the console was then modified by Charles Mutin.
In 1955, Erwin Muller transformed the Octavin of the
Grand Organ into a Doublette. In 1981, Barbéris was
commissioned to carry out work on mechanics.