The organs of Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt                  HOME                                   S-Z           

Sainte Trinité    

Place Sainte-Geneviève,  75005 Paris Orgue de tribune

1869 - Cavaillé-Coll

1901 - Mutin

1934 - Pleyel-Cavaille-Coll

1967 - Beuchet-Debierre

1984/93 - Glandaz

III/61 - electrical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1870 - Cavaillé-Coll

1992 - Sebire-Glandaz

II/15 (12) - mechanical traction -

stoplist

Photo’s: Jeroen de Haan
Ste Trinité was built in 1861-1867 by Théodore Ballu. It is a rather personal mix of French and Italian gothic and renaissance styles.

Organiste titulaire

Loïc Mallié, Thomas Lacôte Titulaire adjoint: Jean-François Hatton  Famous organists in the past: Charles-Alexis Chauvet, Alexandre Guilmant, Olivier Messiaen, Naji Hakim

Concerts

Regularly

Masses with organ

Sunday 11AM Videos Thomas Lacôte
The great organ is one of the major works of the Cavaillé-Coll company. It was inaugurated in 1869 by Camille Saint-Saëns, César Franck, Alexis Chauvet (the first titularis of the organ), Henri Fissot, and Charles- Marie Widor. In 1901 Merklin made several changes. In 1934-1935 a major restoration was done by Pleyel- Cavaillé-Coll, including a restoration of the mechanical system, dust removal from the pipes, revoicing of old stops, addition of seven new stops, relocation of the 4’ Flûtes from the reed chests to the main chests with the foundation stops, the addition of two combination pedals (Pedal Introduction (Pedal Stops ON); Grand- Orgue to Grand-Orgue 16’) and the addition of Barker levers to the Positif. During 1962-1967 Beuchet-Debierre carried out a third restoration and enlargement. The key and stop action were electrified and a new console was installed. All mechanical action parts were demolished except for the squares located under the valves and were replaced with electric action components. Additional toe boards were installed in Grand-Orgue and Positif chests and a combinatory of adjustable general combinations was added. An enclosed wind chest on Positif was installed that includes the decomposed Cornet, the Piccolo and the Clarinette. Finally, seven new stops were added. From the correspondence between Messiaen and Eugène Picaud (one of Beuchet’s employees) it is clear that Messiaen insisted that the timbres of Cavaillé-Coll remained unaltered. In 1984 and 1993 major maintenance works were carried out by Olivier Glandaz.
The organs of Paris

Sainte Trinité    

Place Sainte-Geneviève,  75005 Paris Orgue de tribune

1869 - Cavaillé-Coll

1901 - Mutin

1934 - Pleyel-Cavaille-Coll

1967 - Beuchet-Debierre

1984/93 - Glandaz

III/61 - electrical traction - stoplist

Orgue de choeur

1870 - Cavaillé-Coll

1992 - Sebire-Glandaz

II/15 (12) - mechanical traction -

stoplist

Photo’s: Jeroen de Haan
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     HOME       S-Z
Ste Trinité was built in 1861-1867 by Théodore Ballu. It is a rather personal mix of French and Italian gothic and renaissance styles. The great organ is one of the major works of the Cavaillé- Coll company. It was inaugurated in 1869 by Camille Saint- Saëns, César Franck, Alexis Chauvet (the first titularis of the organ), Henri Fissot, and Charles-Marie Widor. In 1901 Merklin made several changes. In 1934-1935 a major restoration was done by Pleyel- Cavaillé-Coll, including a restoration of the mechanical system, dust removal from the pipes, revoicing of old stops, addition of seven new stops, relocation of the 4’ Flûtes from the reed chests to the main chests with the foundation stops, the addition of two combination pedals (Pedal Introduction (Pedal Stops ON); Grand-Orgue to Grand-Orgue 16’) and the addition of Barker levers to the Positif. During 1962-1967 Beuchet-Debierre carried out a third restoration and enlargement. The key and stop action were electrified and a new console was installed. All mechanical action parts were demolished except for the squares located under the valves and were replaced with electric action components. Additional toe boards were installed in Grand-Orgue and Positif chests and a combinatory of adjustable general combinations was added. An enclosed wind chest on Positif was installed that includes the decomposed Cornet, the Piccolo and the Clarinette. Finally, seven new stops were added. From the correspondence between Messiaen and Eugène Picaud (one of Beuchet’s employees) it is clear that Messiaen insisted that the timbres of Cavaillé-Coll remained unaltered. In 1984 and 1993 major maintenance works were carried out by Olivier Glandaz.

Organiste titulaire

Loïc Mallié, Thomas Lacôte Titulaire adjoint: Jean-François Hatton  Famous organists in the past: Charles-Alexis Chauvet, Alexandre Guilmant, Olivier Messiaen, Naji Hakim

Concerts

Regularly

Masses with organ

Sunday 11AM Videos Thomas Lacôte