ORGANS OF PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt HOME S-Z
The instrument was built by Merklin, circa 1875. It
was at this time that the organ was introduced
into the French Hebrew cult. It was imported from
the Germanic countries where it was then
common to use the organ for the Hebrew liturgy.
Around 1960, Gutschenritter replaced two stops
and added a Plein jeu IV to the Great. Since then,
the instrument has only had some maintenance
works by Jean-Marc Cicchero, making this organ a
quasi-authentic instrument. Nowadays, it serves
mainly for the liturgy of weddings.