The organs of Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt                  HOME                                   S-Z           

Saint Roch  1 - 2

296, rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris Orgue de tribune

1751 - Lesclop

1770 - Clicquot

1826 - Dallery

1841/58/81 - Cavaille-Coll

1901 - Mutin

1927/48 - Gutschenritter

1992 - Renaud

IV/53 - mechanical traction - stoplist

The building of Saint-Roch started in 1653, but was not finished until 1740. The baroque façade, inspired by the Gesu-church of Rome, is decorated with doric columns for the lower part (with statues of St. Roch and St. Honoré) and corinthian columns for the higher part (with statues of St. Geneviève and Ste. Clothilde. The chancel was extended in 1709 with the circular Lady Chapel, again in 1717 with the Communion Chapel and finally with the Calvary Chapel in 1754. This makes the church unexpectedly lengthy. The church preserves a great number of masterworks, paintings and sculptures, partly derived from other churches destroyed during the revolution.

Organiste titulaire

Françoise Levéchin-Gangloff Famous organists in the past: Claude-Bénigne Balbastre, Louis James Alfred Lefébure-Wély, Pierre Cochereau (1945- 1955).

Concerts

Seldomly.

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM, Sunday 11.00 AM Videos Françoise Levéchin-Gangloff.
Photo GO: Jeroen de Haan The organ was built in 1750-56 by François-Henri Lesclop and -after the death of Lesclop in 1752 - the organ was finished by Louis-Alexandre Clicquot. Parts of the former organ (1671) of Etienne Enocq were incorporated. The instrument was rebuilt in 1842 by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll, who re-used a large portion of the old pipework and most windchests. Further works were carried out by him in 1859 and 1881. In 1901, the pedal compass was extended by Charles Mutin. A restoration was performed in 1927 and 1948 by Gutschenritter. In 1994, a comprehensive restoration was completed by Jean Renaud, reconstructing the organ of 1858/81 while preserving Mutin's pedal compass. Most stops date to before the revolution, including all reeds of the GO, positif and most reeds of the pedal. This organ is a beautiful synthesis of Clicquot's 'old' French classical organ and an instrument of Cavaillé-Coll in his early days.
The organs of Paris

Saint Roch  1 - 2

296, rue Saint-Honoré, 75001 Paris Orgue de tribune

1751 - Lesclop

1770 - Clicquot

1826 - Dallery

1841/58/81 - Cavaille-Coll

1901 - Mutin

1927/48 - Gutschenritter

1992 - Renaud

IV/53 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Photo GO: Jeroen de Haan The building of Saint-Roch started in 1653, but was not finished until 1740. The baroque façade, inspired by the Gesu-church of Rome, is decorated with doric columns for the lower part (with statues of St. Roch and St. Honoré) and corinthian columns for the higher part (with statues of St. Geneviève and Ste. Clothilde. The chancel was extended in 1709 with the circular Lady Chapel, again in 1717 with the Communion Chapel and finally with the Calvary Chapel in 1754. This makes the church unexpectedly lengthy. The church preserves a great number of masterworks, paintings and sculptures, partly derived from other churches destroyed during the revolution. The organ was built in 1750-56 by François-Henri Lesclop and -after the death of Lesclop in 1752 - the organ was finished by Louis-Alexandre Clicquot. Parts of the former organ (1671) of Etienne Enocq were incorporated. The instrument was rebuilt in 1842 by Aristide Cavaillé-Coll, who re-used a large portion of the old pipework and most windchests. Further works were carried out by him in 1859 and 1881. In 1901, the pedal compass was extended by Charles Mutin. A restoration was performed in 1927 and 1948 by Gutschenritter. In 1994, a comprehensive restoration was completed by Jean Renaud, reconstructing the organ of 1858/81 while preserving Mutin's pedal compass. Most stops date to before the revolution, including all reeds of the GO, positif and most reeds of the pedal. This organ is a beautiful synthesis of Clicquot's 'old' French classical organ and an instrument of Cavaillé-Coll in his early days.

Organiste titulaire

Françoise Levéchin-Gangloff Famous organists in the past: Claude-Bénigne Balbastre, Louis James Alfred Lefébure-Wély, Pierre Cochereau (1945-1955).

Concerts

Seldomly.

Masses with organ

Saturday 6.30 PM, Sunday 11.00 AM Videos Françoise Levéchin-Gangloff.
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     HOME       S-Z