The organs of Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0  © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt                  HOME                                   S-Z           

Saint Séverin  1-2

5, Rue Saint Séverin, 75005 Paris Orgue de tribune

1748 - Claude Ferrand  

1825 - Pierre-François Dallery  

1889 - John Abbey

1963 - Alfred Kern     

1982 - Daniel Kern         

1988 - Dominique Lalmand

2011 - Quentin Blumenroeder

IV/59 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Organiste titulaire

François Espinasse, Nicolas Bucher, Christophe Mantoux, Guillaume Nussbaum. Famous organists in the past: Nicolas Séjan, Camille Saint-Saëns, Michel Chapuis.

Concerts

Regularly on Saturdays.

Masses with organ

Sunday 10.30 AM, 12 AM, 16 PM, 19.30 PM. Videos Michel Alabau (former co-titulaire).
Photo: Jeroen de Haan The organ was built by Claude Ferrand (1748), using pipes from the former organ, probably of Valéran de Héman (1610). In 1889, the organ was transformed by into a symphonic organ. In 1963, a reconstruction and reconception of the orginal French classical organ into a neo-classical German-French concept was carried out by Alfred Kern. 26 stops date from before the revolution (or party from Dallery), 10 stops of Abbey were re-used but intonated into the new concept, 22 stops are new. Of the reeds, the Cormorne als well as the Trumpet of the positive and the Voix Humaine of the Récit date from the 17th century, but were modified. Between 1964 and 1982, an unknown organ builder replaced the Bombarde 16 of the great with the Musette 16 of the Récit, re-used as an eight foot. At the same time the Hautbois 4 was changed into eight foot at the same keyboard. In 1982, Daniel Kern moved le Quintaton 8 of the Positif to the Récit. The old Trompette 8 of the Echo was moved to its original place on the Positif, the Clairon 4 of the Echo was changed into a Trompette 8 and and a new Sifflet 1 was added. All these changes were conserved in 2011, when the organ was restored by Quentin Blumenroeder, with respect to the harmonisation and tuning in close cooperation with Jean-Marie Tricoteaux (reeds) and Dominique Thomas (other stops). The work of Alfred Kern was carefully respected.
Saint Séverin dates back to the end of the 11th century, built on the place of a former chapel (VIth century). The clocktower dates to 1412. Its present appearance in flamboyant Gothic style dates back to the 15-17th century.
The organs of Paris

Saint Séverin  1-2

5, Rue Saint Séverin, 75005 Paris Orgue de tribune

1748 - Claude Ferrand  

1825 - Pierre-François Dallery  

1889 - John Abbey

1963 - Alfred Kern     

1982 - Daniel Kern         

1988 - Dominique Lalmand

2011 - Quentin Blumenroeder

IV/59 - mechanical traction - stoplist

Saint Séverin dates back to the end of the 11th century, built on the place of a former chapel (VIth century). The clocktower dates to 1412. Its present apparance in flamboyant Gothic style dates back to the 15-17th century. The organ was built by Claude Ferrand (1748), using pipes from the former organ, probably of Valéran de Héman (1610). In 1889, the organ was transformed by into a symphonic organ. In 1963, a reconstruction and reconception of the orginal French classical organ into a neo-classical German-French concept was carried out by Alfred Kern. 26 stops date from before the revolution (or party from Dallery), 10 stops of Abbey were re-used but intonated into the new concept, 22 stops are new. Of the reeds, the Cormorne als well as the Trumpet of the positive and the Voix Humaine of the Récit date from the 17th century, but were modified. Between 1964 and 1982, an unknown organ builder replaced the Bombarde 16 of the great with the Musette 16 of the Récit, re-used as an eight foot. At the same time the Hautbois 4 was changed into eight foot at the same keyboard. In 1982, Daniel Kern moved le Quintaton 8 of the Positif to the Récit. The old Trompette 8 of the Echo was moved to its original place on the Positif, the Clairon 4 of the Echo was changed into a Trompette 8 and and a new Sifflet 1 was added. All these changes were conserved in 2011, when the organ was restored by Quentin Blumenroeder, with respect to the harmonisation and tuning in close cooperation with Jean-Marie Tricoteaux (reeds) and Dominique Thomas (other stops). The work of Alfred Kern was carefully respected.

Organistes titulaires

François Espinasse, Nicolas Bucher, Christophe Mantoux, Guillaume Nussbaum. Famous organists in the past: Nicolas Séjan, Camille Saint-Saëns, Michel Chapuis.

Concerts

Regularly on Saturdays.

Masses with organ

Sunday 10.30 AM, 12 AM, 16 PM, 19.30 PM. Videos Michel Alabau (former co-titulaire).
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     HOME       S-Z